Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Introduction to Tintin

Not A Moment To Lose!  Get me another Tintin book.
I had my first introduction to the world of Tintin and his friend Captain Haddock today and it was very exciting.  We didn't finish the whole thing but that just makes me excited for the next episode tomorrow.
Apparently this was my Daddy's favorite series of adventure books when he was a boy, quite frankly I'm not sure how some of the themes went under Deeda's radar.  It isn't exactly Hop on Pop in its subject matter.

It is sad how Captain Haddock's alcohol abuse is taken pretty lightly and trivialized.
However, what really fascinated me was the language he uses.  I certainly learned some words to hold my own on the playground!
But what I really appreciated was all the use of guns.  Tintin is like a Caillou who can hold his own!
Daddy has introduced a whole new world to me and I love it!
-Jaxon




No comments:

Post a Comment