Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Far East

Today we traveled East towards Redmond and it was everything I expected the Far East to be.  It is a truly exotic place with a distinct Russian and Indian culture as well as gigantic Bears!

What an exciting Father's Day I got to celebrate with my Daddy!  I got to go to Redmond (Russia) home of Bears, Tsars and Dostoyevsky.  But more importantly I appreciated meeting Vladlena.  
The great thing was, I was able to ingratiate myself to her entire family fairly quickly.  Despite the broken English everyone appreciates the universal language of Toddler, just start talking about Dinosaurs and all cultural and language barriers disappear.  Sad people didn't realize this during the Cold War.
After that we went to celebrate Father's Day at the Marymoor Park Beer Festival . . . 
. . . but that is a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment