Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Twas The Night Before Christmas . . . . Not Even A Jaxon Was Stirring

The excitement had been building all week. I still can't read a calendar very well so I had to ask Mommy and Daddy if it was Christmas everyday this week. Well tonight there was no doubt, it was definitely Christmas Eve!

I had been very diligent about telling Santa Claus exactly what I wanted and I had taken extra care to be good.  I know what  is expected of me.
Still, as the excitement grew I couldn't control myself, before I could catch myself I was misbehaving!
The threat came out, Daddy told me he had Santa on speed dial and could call him back at a moments notice.
No way was I going to risk coming so close only to blow it.
I figured a guy with Santa's appetite would appreciate a bribe of some cookies and milk.  If I could at least get the guy down the chimney he would forget any minor transgressions once he was munching some cookies.
I reverently put them in place.  I think I am going to make it to the finish line!

-Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment