Monday, May 6, 2013

The Little Emperor

The entire family visited China Village last night and I got to see my friend Amy the owner.  We have been friends for a long time. Since I was born in the Year of the Tiger she refers to me as her Tiger Baby!

I accept this name, I can be quite the Tiger if I want to be but last night I learned about a new Chinese name that really fits me.

Amy told my parents about a trend in China . . . the Xiaohuangdi or Little Emperor.  Because of the Chinese "One Child" policy the children over there grow-up to be overly entitled and spoiled.

I contemplated this while eating my leftover Steamed Rice and Lo Mein tonight.  Honestly, being a Little Emperor sounds like a pretty good deal!  Servants, Gifts and Well Cooked Food seems like a good way to go through life.

-Jaxon

No comments:

Post a Comment